This is a multi-unit Kitsilano renovation started life as a 4-unit house.
Seeking to increase the living space of their home, the clients tasked Best Builders with the bold task of adding a completely new storey to an existing house.
Best Builders removed the roof, added another storey, and created a fifth unit that encompassed the entire top floor to make a 4800 square foot house. The exterior was completely re-done, keeping the design within the heritage of the area. Seismic and structural upgrades were done throughout to bring up to new engineering standards.
Mechanical & Electrical
- High efficiency furnace
- Recessed & feature LED lighting throughout
- High efficiency boiler for domestic hot water
- Cedar side wall shingles
- Slop dash stucco
- Low ‘e’ vinyl windows
- Engineered stone counter tops
- Black slate, slab travertine fireplace surround, engineered stone countertops
- High gloss laminate millwork
GVHBA Ovation Awards 2012
- Best Renovation $500,000 – $799,999