Split-level houses were a big architectural trend to create larger living spaces and add areas of natural light without increasing the footprint of the house.
Turning the existing home into a split-level created some unique challenges for this particular Shaughnessy renovation, especially when upgrading all of the mechanical and electrical elements. With a great design from False Creek Design Group, and inventive construction strategy, a clean and modern renovation was created.
Mechanical & Electrical
- High efficiency boiler system
- Radiant hot water baseboard heating
- On demand hot water heating
- Lighting control system
- Recessed & feature LED lighting throughout
- Custom oak cabinets & millwork
- Granite & engineered stone countertops
- Mix of porcelain, ceramic and natural stone
- Frameless glass shower doors
- Temperature controlled wine room
This 3700 square foot home completed in 2011 boasts custom oak millwork throughout, a temperature controlled wine room, user friendly lighting control system, and a hot tub area.