Charing Court was designed as a young, successful couple’s zen-like escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
The thoughtful remodel of a custom home built in the 1980s took an environmentally-conscious approach, utilizing the structure’s existing foundation to avoid disturbing the nearby green-space any more than necessary.
- Natural walnut railings
- HARO Natural Wood flooring throughout
- High gloss laminate millwork
- Black walnut interior and exterior doors
- Glass staircase railings
- Cambria natural quartz countertops
- Custom millwork in master bedroom with clever built-in push-panels for convenient storage
Mechanical & Electrical
- All mechanical changed – had to design totally new mechanical room
- Forced-Air Heating, heat-return system
- Low-Voltage LED, Incandescent lighting
- Butterfly-designed roof connects garage-to-house providing natural light, watering
- Backs onto greenbelt – kept foundation – most environmentally friendly
- Drain-tile into back-yard, don’t have to sprinkle yard, no excess storm-water into creek
- Fully automated controls of home’s heating/cooling, security, lighting
- HW on-demand
- Exterior finished in natural ledge-stone and fir siding.
- Maintains existing setbacks
- Utilizes existing foundation
- Entire roof is hand-framed from every corner of house
We took great care and consideration in building the house of this couple’s dreams. The result? A 6,300 sq.ft. yoga-inspired home that perfectly fits the unusual lot shape while reflecting a sense of understated luxury.
2016 Georgie Awards Finalist
- Best Innovative Feature