When in the initial design phase for this project, the clients put the focus on making their home easily accommodate their frequent entertaining while still embracing designs that enabled their family to enjoy everyday living. The home was designed to fit the lot and its surroundings, blending nature with function and was positioned strategically to maximize the stunning views from both floors.
The exterior living space is open, spa-like and luxurious, allowing for full submersion into the spectacular ocean view. While visually striking from the outside, the true beauty is in the fine detailing on the inside of this home. South-facing floor-to-ceiling windows capture natural light, illuminating the home naturally.
All material selections were kept minimal and elegant – the white walls and flush baseboards allow for the focus to be placed on the family’s sizeable art and antique collection, while the wood finishes warm up the general feeling of the home. Extensive use of glass allows this home to feel spacious and flow well from room-to-room.
The final touch was the client’s decision to order a majority of their furniture custom, complimenting the finishes throughout their beautiful living space.
Project Year: 2017
Project Cost: More than $2,000,000
MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL
- Low-E windows, Lo-flow toilets
- High-efficiency boiler
- Strategically-placed lighting adds glitz
- Terraced landscaping cascades between levels
- Front-entry tucked around corner of cleverly-designed, stepped 3-car garage
- Soft effect of Shoji-screen windows transitions to contemporary front-entry
- Large overhangs add beauty while protecting multiple exterior-decks
- Frameless-glass panelled railing provide unobstructed view
- Achieved brilliant connection between 15-inch steel fascia, clear-stained cedar, 4-inch AirStone detail
- Flat-roof design allows for full height usage
- Linear-styled clerestory windows wrap living room
- Exterior stone comprised of 80% recycled materials
- Main staircase, strategically-placed – clearly designed as feature, gives separation to private upper-level
- Gorgeous floating maple stair-treads connected by exposed steel-stringers, glass-railings, stainless-steel cap, standoffs
- Expansive commercial glass welcomes abundant natural-light, provides amazing views from every level
- Full Eclipse doors open onto outdoor decks
- Showpiece kitchen capped with 4 inch granite slab countertop
- Stunning, rich-toned walnut floor-to-ceiling cabinets
- Fireplace feature-wall mimics exterior stone-facing
- Wide-plank white oak hardwood flooring throughout