This is a West Coast Contemporary custom home created with the unique design flare of architect Don Stuart. Large over hanging rooflines, fir windows, black slate stone and other natural building material all embody the organic architectural philosophy inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright designs and brought back to life in exquisite fashion.
This project required a delicate hand in combining a sun-soaked dream home with the need to remain fully accessible. The client originally envisioned a 4000 sq. ft. rancher, but we knew that this project would benefit from a more unique approach. Highly sought-after architect Don Stuart took 8 months and 162 pages of meticulously hand-drawn schematics to design the perfect home for our clients.
Mechanical & Electrical
- Geothermal heating
- Solar panel water heating (hot tub & pool)
- Lower level completely reinforced concrete with inverted slab beams
- Wood frame main and upper floor
- Truss roof
- Black slate
- Clear fir windows & doors
- Clear fir trim, soffits and moldings
- Infinity edge lipless pool
- Brazilian cherry hardwood
- Limestone bathrooms, granite kitchen counter tops,
- 3 storey elevator
We addressed the accessibility needs of our client by installing a residential elevator, keeping the full three-story home entirely within reach.
The client’s grandchildren frequently visit, so the home was designed with every window facing the pool to ensure they’re constantly supervised. This had the added benefit of providing every single room with a jaw-dropping ocean view and plenty of sun.