The owner loved the ‘vibe’ of their early 70′s home and did not want a drastic change. Best Builders cleaned up the exterior, while retaining the street-side appeal of family-friendly neighbourhood.
Updating the house while maintaining its undeniable sense of 70’s chic was a challenge that the Best Builders team was eager to tackle. This retro build needed all the comforts of a modern family home to house the active family that lives there.
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”BUILD”]
Mechanical & Electrical
- EnergyStar windows and appliances
- High-efficiency furnace
- On-demand hot water
- Gas fireplaces
- Durable hardwood flooring to accentuate deep shag carpet in living room
- Refurbished and re-used materials used throughout to maintain authentic look
- Flat crown cabinets
- “Live edge” wood breakfast bar
- Oak-wrapped beams
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”LIVE”]
An enhanced natural wood look was accentuated with new fencing, gate and trellis. Our renovations respected existing architecture, while updating its function and interior appearance with the real challenge was in how to incorporate an existing brick fireplace and wood wall-panelling into a new design.
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”AWARDS”]
- Best Residential Renovation $300,000-$499,999