This is a multi-unit Kitsilano renovation started life as a 4-unit house.
Seeking to increase the living space of their home, the clients tasked Best Builders with the bold task of adding a completely new storey to an existing house.
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”BUILD”]
Mechanical & Electrical
- High efficiency furnace
- Recessed & feature LED lighting throughout
- High efficiency boiler for domestic hot water
- Cedar side wall shingles
- Slop dash stucco
- Low ‘e’ vinyl windows
- Engineered stone counter tops
- Black slate, slab travertine fireplace surround, engineered stone countertops
- High gloss laminate millwork
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”LIVE”]
Best Builders removed the roof, added another storey, and created a fifth unit that encompassed the entire top floor to make a 4800 square foot house. The exterior was completely re-done, keeping the design within the heritage of the area. Seismic and structural upgrades were done throughout to bring up to new engineering standards.
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”AWARDS”]
GVHBA Ovation Awards 2012
- Best Renovation $500,000 – $799,999 [su_custom_gallery source=”media: 1546″ limit=”1″ width=”100″ height=”100″ title=”never”]