2013 GVHBA Ovation Award Winner – Best New Custom Home under $1 million
This is the most modern rancher style house that we have built to date! Best Builders and Randy Bens Architecture were challenged with building a forever house that would contain a clean, sleek modern flare on a single floor. This unique design creates great living spaces around an inviting central courtyard letting in as much natural light as possible. The 2800 square foot rancher sits on a 3 foot water-tight crawl space that houses all mechanical and storage elements to keep the clean, simple lines of the home on the main floor.
Designed by Randy Bens Architecture
The client, a retired engineer, had a number of criteria for his dream house: it must be on a single level with a simple floor plan, yet be unique.
After interviewing several architects, Randy Bens came up with an amazing curved design that followed the curve of the cul-de-sac lot. The client loved it, and we built this amazing house.
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”BUILD”]
This home has a number of features, including:
Mechanical & Electrical
- Air to liquid heat pump
- Solar panels
- Radiant hot water heating
- On-demand hot water heating
- Recessed & feature lighting throughout
- 3 foot water-tight crawl space
- Wood & steel frame construction
- Flat roof
- Clear cedar wall panels & soffits
- Acrylic stucco
- Custom circular skylight with LED lighting
- Curtain wall system with 12 foot folding door systems
- Tumbled marble flooring
- Rift cut oak doors & millwork
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”LIVE”]
The lot has a sun-soaked southern exposure, so the design of the house uses large windows and solar panels to take full advantage of the abundance of natural light. The solar panel system is efficiently designed to feed surplus electricity back into the grid.
Single-floor living keeps accessibility in mind for the retired couple that lives there, yet the unique floor plan takes advantage of every square inch of available space. The entertaining spaces are kept separate from the sleeping quarters by a beautifully illuminated corridor.
2013 GVHBA Ovation Award Winner
- Best New Custom Home under $1 million [su_custom_gallery source=”media: 1546″ limit=”1″ width=”100″ height=”100″ title=”never”]